Monday, December 13, 2010

Back to School ..... again.....Sheridan College

I just can't stay away!  Recently I attended the Business Class for the Interior Decorating Program at Sheridan College.  I was there in my capacity as an Ambassador for CDECA - Canadian Decorators Association of which I am a proud member, Director and part of the GTA West Chapter.  It is a great Association and of course Sheridan is a great school so I went and spoke to the evening class about joining CDECA and gave them the a, b, c's of why it is important for them to become members as students even before graduating.  We had a great time interacting.   

I had the company of my daughter, Megan, who is a professional photographer and had been asked by the instructor, Audrey Macdonald, a professional interior decorator herself,  to give some "tips" for taking photos of their projects in a way that would highlight the best features of the space.  She emphasized the importance of having great photographs of your work.  After all the photos are like your "calling card"  -  a picture says a thousand words!    All in all it was a great night and everyone came away with some sound information.    
Thanks to Audrey and her students for inviting us.          
                                                     









Megan and Audrey










Yours truly and Audrey










A very attentive class!

No comments:

Post a Comment