Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I love Christmas.....

I know we live in a time where all "Holiday" celebrations seem to fall under the umbrella of "Holidays" which is fine, but I celebrate Christmas and,  of course it is a religious day, but it is also a time for fun, friends, family, great food, gifts, and DECORATING.  I have enough Christmas decorations stored in my basement that I could have a little store.  I am trying to control my purchases in this area but not too successfully.  I know one should 'purge' something when bringing a little something new into the house but I am not so good at that when it comes to Christmas.  Other times, I do well at purging but definitely not Christmas.

Over the past couple of years I have decided to take photos of some of my Christmas Decorating ideas just so I can look back and see what I have done and how I have changed or progressed.  I have written articles on Christmas Decorating for a local newspaper and recently myself and 2 colleagues did a demo at Sheridan Nurseries for a Holiday Centrepiece where we took one tray and decorated it 3 different ways depending on your personal taste and style.  I usually keep a general theme and colour scheme going but do vary a little depending on the room.  Below are some of my past years of decorating.  I have many new ones for this year so stay tuned and I may get them photographed in time to post this year.  I made a little video rather than post tons of photos.....


No comments:

Post a Comment