Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Making a new Patio Table

One day this spring I ventured outside to my patio to sit for a minute and enjoy my coffee, only to find that my lovely glass patio table was now a pile of glass shards.  Not sure how this happened but I would not toss it.  It was longer than what I could find out there these days and the chairs were fine and most of these come as a set so I decided to remake it over using cedar fence boards cut to the correct size.  I couldn't find the colour of stain I wanted so I made my own.  I love mixing colour.

Below is what my table looked like prior to the crash!















Below is the new tabletop with the unstained cedar boards
















 Running boards in the opposite direction on the underside adds stability and keeps boards from shifting
The finished result.  


No comments:

Post a Comment